Sunday, July 8, 2012

Stayin' Real 4 Fashion

Hi and welcome to my blog!

It's during these tough economic times that us ladies need to keep it real! We want to find awesome clothing that keeps us fresh, with fashion trends and doesn't break our bank accounts. I'm here to tell you how to save big bucks $$$ on designer clothing, as well as your basic fashion pieces and accessories.

You can even look like a rock star and still have money left over to pay your monthly bills. Too, bad there isn't another way out there to cut your rent/mortgage, cable, phone and car payments, right?

I would like to introduce myself to you...I've been lovin' fashion, since I was a wee lil' girl! I think that I must have been born with high heels on, since I can't live without them for sure. I just can't get enough of fashion, it's always on my mind.
I learned about clothing through  attending The Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising (FIDM) and have applied those concepts. Also, I read fashion magazines, view the Internet fashion articles and constantly watch TV and movies for inspiration.

Professionally, I was at one time a Visual Merchandiser for Loehmann's who created their store window designs. In addition, I worked as a Comparative Shopper monitoring clothing designs/pricing at many large department and discount retail stores. In between, all that I received a Bachelors of Art in Art (Graphic Design), which taught me much about color, visual elements and more!


Anyways, you know how the fashion trends are always changing frequently and so does my wardrobe. So, I started to add clothing from shopping many, many estate sales and yard/garage sales-- cutting my costs by something like 90%. 
It's basically a treasure hunt of sorts and sometimes you hit the mother load of clothing sales in your nearby neighborhood. By searching through racks, boxes and tables of clothing/rags at these sales you may find your own true fashion riches and save lots of money big time!


I also shop the local discount stores like Target, Old Navy, and even the $.99 Store and find fabulous buys to update my fashion collection in my closet. There's even great fashion buys at charities like Goodwill, the Salvation Army and other organizations, which go to good causes to train and employ workers.


In upcoming blogs, I will share with you some of the best clothing purchases I've made. I can show you how those inexpensive pieces fit together to create some 'hot' outfits for all types of everyday wear (work, dates, casual, vacations, etc.). 


Join me on a journey of frolicking through all kinds of fashion styles that are affordable to everyone. Stay-tuned for future blog updates!


Thanks for stopping-by, and happy shopping!
Barbara


No comments:

Post a Comment